Thursday, July 16, 2009

Special Children- a poem

I was sitting in the waiting room of a therapy office, waiting for Alyssa and I to be called back for her appointment when I saw a new hanging on the wall. It had not been there before and as I read it, tears filled my eyes. It was so touching, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was as if God had put it there for me to see, just at that moment, just on that day. The day I was feeling so tired, so disappointed, so helpless, so hopeless. After reading it MANY times, I realized I wanted to share it with other moms who has special children. I frantically took out a pen and scrap paper from my purse (pen was hard to find, but there is ALWAYS scrap paper in my purse) :-). I started writing as quickly as possible, hoping they would not call me until I got it finished. I hope it touches you, inspires you, and brings hope as it did for me.
Special Children
God gave this special child to you,
To guide, to love, to walk through life beside.
A little child so full of charms, to fill a pair of loving arms.
God picked you out because He knew,
How safe HIS child would be with you!
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment